dimanche 18 juin 2017
mardi 6 août 2013
- Hot Wheels by Titmouse: I got the chance to animate a little bit on Team Hot Wheels for Titmouse - directed by Mike Carlo!
- Star Darlings: I animated this walk cycle in Flash for an animation test I did at Ghostbot! I especially enjoyed animating the secondary on her dress ^^
- Plunger the Dragon: I got to animate in Flash that fun little short over at Ghostbot! I really enjoyed giving life to these characters. I hope you'll like it! :
- Powerpuff Girls: What's your Powerfactor? - Music Video -I got to animate a little bit on this fun music video. Check out the full Video clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaZnfMaraLs
- Straight Ahead Animation practices I did on my bus trips:
Straight ahead animation practice on my commute to work! from Tatyana Drewry Carvin on Vimeo.
I found a small app that allows me to animate on my Amazon Tablet! So I've been animating with it while commuting to work! I have to do straight animation though because the app only allows me to see the first previous image. There's something very freeing about doing straight animation... The constraints of this app are forcing me to focus on motion and not so much on drawing... I hope you guys will enjoy this very rough animation practice! :)
- Lucas Film : I had the chance to animate the 2014 Lucas Film Holiday Card along with the talented Sam Chi at Ghosbot. Roque Ballesteros directed it. Here's a small portion of the animation I did on R2D2, Chopper and the Camroid:
- Torom Tellum: short for Nickelodeon! Check out the fun short I animated along with Brad Rau for Nickelodeon : http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/short-toons-torom-tellum.html
- Palace Pet/ The Whisker Haven Tales: I've had the chance to animation direct on the Disney show Palace Pet (Season 01 and Season 02) over at Ghostbot. In the gif bellow, I animated the blue bunny (Berry) and the orange cat (Treasure). The wonderful Tim Blair animated the pink cat (Dreamy). This shot is from the Opening of the show. You can find all the episodes here: http://disneyjunior.disney.com/whisker-haven-tales
- Drake VS Lil Wayne Show : I drew some of the art that were displayed on stage for the touring show of Drake VS Lil Wayne. My black & white layouts were then painted by grooving artists. And the best part was to eventually see them on huge screens on stage during the show. I got to draw a lot of bad boys/ girls, muscles, hands and butts. I felt in my comfort zone ( ^..^). Here's a small glimpse :
- Pharrel Williams : We worked on a proof-of-concept test to show what Pharrell + Ghostbot would look like. Pharrel was a wonderful client to work for. I got to do some of the Story Board, Character Designs, Layouts and Animations! Bellow are a few samples :
Storyboard poses :
- Personal Practice after work: My awesome friend Jeremy Polgar taught me how to do gifs! By the way, you guys should go see his work online, Jeremy Polgar is SUPER DUPER talented. I'm a big fan of his work. See for yourself : http://jpolgar1.tumblr.com/ And his reel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrj3Wf3npc. So the gif bellow is an example of the sort of personal animation I adore doing inbetween work :
- Mugsy and Biscuit - Facebook Stickers : I worked onto some fun stickers for Facebook over at Ghostbot. Alan Lau was my director on it and of course a huge help and endless source of inspiration! Alan created the original design of Biscuit (the corgi) and I drew/ animated the poses you can see below. The original design of Mugsy (the frenchie) was done by me and I then drew & animated the followings stickers. Enjoy and go use them on Facebook!!!:
some roughs that didn't make it on Facebook :
- The Ever Changing Commuter : I commute 5 hours a day to go to Ghostbot so I draw A LOT of people. While flipping through the pages of my sketchbook, I got the idea to just animate a couple of those faces together. So here's the little animated methamorphose practice:
- Sly Cooper - Cut Scenes & Commercials : Bellow is a break down of a few shots I animated on the marketing video "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time". I have worked on this project a little longer than a year and had a blast! Natasha Brown and Kris Toscanini helped me coloring and symbolizing some of these poses that I drew in Flash. (yay team work!!) And of course my 3 directors Roque Ballesteros, Alan Lau and Brad Rau are always a huge help, they are teaching me so much every single day. I am the luckiest drawer/ animator on earth with these guys!
vendredi 30 mars 2012
- Anatomy Animation : When I have free time, I love to animate anatomy! Anatomy to me is the best way to learn about volume and movement. And holly cow, I have A LOT to learn about these two issues!
lundi 1 février 2010
This Show-Reel presents my work as a traditional flash animator on the TV-Serie "Coquillette the Fairy" and the long feature "Papa Raconte". As well as personal animations I like doing after work.
mercredi 28 octobre 2009
This Show Reel presents my work on The World of Pahé as an animator (http://www.spirit-prod.com/site/pahe.html), The Man in the Blue Gordini as an assistant animator (http://www.primalinea.com/gordini/index.fr.html), Fears of the Dark as an assistant animator (http://www.primalinea.com/cinema/index.fr.html) and personal animations research that I regularly realize for nothing more than pleasure.
lundi 11 mai 2009
- An other composition on human beings from my sketch book that I called "People are Awesomely Weird". I cleaned that one up in Photoshop. Hope you'll like it! :
- I did this composition of couples in my sketch book while commuting to work and wanted to clean it up in Photoshop to share it here. Love is beautiful:
- I love to draw on the metro every day! Here are a few samples of sketches I do on my commute to work. You can check out more raw sketches here: http://tatyanadrewrycarvin.blogspot.com/
- The metro was so empty that day, so I came up with some imaginary commuters' faces:
- Sometimes I don't feel like drawing people as I see them on the bus, so I trace imaginary lines as I'm looking at them and try to recreate their volumes by memory later on. Here's a sample of that kind of experiment:
- Visual Developement: : My husband and his brother are writing a book together! I did this image based on their story. I don't usually do a lot of heavy photoshop work, so this one took me out of my comfort zone.
- Sketch Book Pages : Here's a few sketch book pages that I worked in Photoshop for fun. By the way, I usually put raw sketch book images in here : http://tatyanadrewrycarvin.blogspot.com/ Go check it out! Lately, I'm having a blast working on combining anatomical shapes .... I may look like a creep because I just draw anatomy all the time... but it's truly the best way for me to learn about shape language and volume....
- Anatomy warm up : Before I start work, I like to do some warm up sketching in flash. Here is a small glimpse :
- Me and Jérémie working hard onto some animations ;) We each have a very different way to work :
- My dear friend Helene Grotans is a super talented violinist. She's so passionate and so gorgeous! Oh and she knows beer more than anyone else! I did this sketch of her for her Bday!:
- I did this sketch of my dear friends Laurene Braibant, Vaiana Gauthier and Elsa Duhammel. They are wonderful human beings and artists, you should check out their work online for a serious dose of inspiration!:
- My mother Birgit Yew is an endless source of inspiration. I did these sketches of her dancing with her Cello for her Birthday:
- My neighbor Mohammed and his friend Claude are doing beautiful poetry and music together. I did this sketch of them at one of their show:
- My friend Samuel Claiborn is such a super star, I made that drawing for his Bday:
- Jérémie and I won a price for the Metro Contest in L.A thanks to that drawing. For a while, this drawing was shown on the screens of every bus running in the city. The theme of the contest was "corruption" :
- Trying some pastel my german aunt sent me :
- Here's a sample of a comic book that Jérémie and I have been working on. Based on one of his script :